1. Sessions begin and end at schedules times. Sessions begun late due to the client arriving late end at the appointed time and are charged full price.
2. Be present (not under the influence of any drugs or alcohol).
3. Clients provide a health history and update when necessary.
4. If client is a no show they will be charged 100% of the fee for services. If a cancellation is necessary, please give 4 hours notice or you are charged 50% for the appointment unless it can be filled. Emergency cancellations are determined at the practitioners discretion.
5. Payment is expected at the time service is rendered.
6. Be clean, having showered the same day as your treatment.
7. Do not eat a heavy meal less than two hours before a session.
8. Sexual harassment is not tolerated. If the practitioners safety feels compromised the session is stopped immediately.
9. This office is a non smoking environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I wear during the massage?
You do not need to wear anything during your massage, you will remain covered by a sheet or towel at all times unless we are working on that area. However, we do recommend only undressing to your comfort level understanding that leaving undergarments on may interfere with the flow of your massage.
Do I tip/What is a good tip?
A tip is given in gratuity of good service. Typically 15-20% (of treatments original price) is given and always appreciated.
What should I expect during my first massage?
We require clients to fill out an information form when arriving. Additional questions may be asked to establish what areas you would like worked on and what you are looking to gain from your session.
What should I do during a massage treatment?
Make yourself comfortable. If you need to adjust to make yourself comfortable you can change your position at any time. If we need you to move we will move you when needed or ask you to make the adjustment.
Can I talk during my session?
Many people close their eyes and relax completely during the session, others prefer to talk. It is up to you, it is your massage and we want you to do whatever feels natural to you. It is important you DO speak up if something is not working for you - temperature, lighting, pressure, etc.
How often should I get a massage?
This varies from person to person. If you are just looking for some occasional relaxation, then a session every 3-6 weeks may be fine for you. However, sometimes more frequent sessions may be more effective for your goals. Frequency of sessions should be discussed with your massage therapist after your treatment when we have a better understanding of your particular muscular issues.
Will my massage hurt?
The answer is NO. A massage does not have to hurt to be effective, even with deep tissue massage. During your session it is okay to give feedback if you would like a lighter or firmer pressure.